Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hey Baby its cold outside!


Back to my inspiration drive, we wound up in Philadelphia, at The Academy of Natural Sciences www.ansp.org .  Cool museum filled with dinosaurs, insects, butterflies, an archeology dig for kids, etc. and two giggling girls.

As we were getting in the car, we noticed that across the park somebody was handing out food to people, earlier in the drive we past homeless people sleeping in a park.

It was going to be the coldest night yet.  As the bitter wind was wiping about Nyla immediately said here Mommy, give them my hat.  Her spontaneous generosity made my heart melt!!  I couldn't give them her hat at that time.  I would be like some crazy lady running up to a group of strangers (mostly men and no children) saying, take my daughter’s koala bear hat.

This situation and these people inspired me because they are in need and asked for help and people gave it.  I am one of those people who just does not like to ask for help.  My inspiration came from people I did not know, a situation I watched from afar.  Those people did not see me but they touched me... how many times have I been an inspiration or a disappointment to someone from afar?

It is cold, people are in need all year, but if you have any warm clothes to help make someone a little more snuggly please do.  I am.

xxxxoooo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!