Wednesday, January 18, 2012

AHHH, at the Car Wash woo...


I remember when Nyla was about 1½ years old; we thought Nyla would love the car wash.  Well, she didn’t.  She didn't at all!  Matter of fact, she screamed hysterically, kind of like if there was a tsunami coming our way, Nyla was trying everyway she could to bust out of her car seat (she was still in the harnass kind with all those buckles).  All we could do is wait until the car wash to be over; the minutes seemed like well very long minutes.  Andy and I looked at each other and thought we’ll never try that again!  We were in shock kinda, we thought this would be fun. 

 Sometime after we went to Costa Rica, as we were getting gas, the attendant cleaned our windshield.  OMG, the same crazy reaction.  We totally had forgotten about the carwash incident by this point.  WOW!  Trying explaining in Spanish that your daughter is permanently scarred from the car wash. 

Many years have gone by and we tried it again.  She LOVES it!!!  She said she does not even remember the early carwash days.  Whew, thank goodness we didn’t permanently scar her at least from that!
 I love it when I get to discover all over again everyday things, thanks Nyla I love you for that!

Ahhh, the car wash, it’s a simple little joy. 

Here’s the words from that fun song, you know it, admit it your chair bouncing :)

Super,huge thanks to ROSE ROYCE for making this song and creating such fun memories for me from my childhood to growing up years to now my child's hood! 

You might not ever get rich
But let me tell ya it's better that diggin' a ditch.
There ain't no tellin' who ya might meet. .
A movie star or may be even an Indian Chief.
(Workin' at the) car wash.
Workin' at the car wash yeah !
Come on and sing it with me car wash.
Get with the feelin' y'all car wash yeah.
Come summer the work gets kind a hard
This ain't no place to be if ya planned on being a star.
Let me tell you it's always cool
And the boss don't mind sometimes if ya act a fool.
At the car wash
Talkin' about the car wash yeah!
Come on and sing it for me car wash.
Car wash yeah!
(Work and work) Well those cars never seem to stop comin'.
(Work and work) Keep those rags and machines hummin'
(Work and work) my fingers to the bone
(Work) at five I can't wait 'til it's time to go home
Hey
get your car washed today.
Fill up and you don't have to pay.
Come on and give us a play.
Get a wash right away.
Car wash talkin' about the car wash yeah!
Woo car wash
Those cars never seems to stop comin'
Well
I say
Keep those rags and machines hummin'

Rose Royce - Carwash Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!