Monday, June 3, 2013

FLIRTY SKIRT CHANDELIER! ...


Every time I look at my chandelier, I think I've really gotta get a new one...if any of you have a house from the 90's you'll know exactly what I mean!  It's just I can't decide what I want; and since my husband is a commercial fisherman, he's away a lot and when he gets home the last thing he wants to do is install one!  

So, one day I was in the dollar store and found these post it like notes and these little stick on circles. And that is how my chandelier evolved! 


I love it!  It's like it's wearing a little blue flirty skirt.  Now, I can look at my chandelier and smile instead of grumble as I walk by.  It only took about a 30 minutes (I took breaks:) 
and about $3.00.  Yes, this is probably a temporary fix but the real joy is I traded my chandelier irritation for a chandelier smile.   Now, I don't have to be frustrated every time I walk by my chandelier which is like a million times a day!   Plus, I have plenty of stickies for my next brainstorm!  

Whew, I got super lucky! Post its were the exact same size as the panels! Measuring & exactness are not my thing!

I don't think anyone needs this but
Here's how I did it:
I started at the bottom of each panel stuck a stickie & worked my way up.  Did a couple more panels, took a couple of breaks then moved on to the next panel until I was done. No exactness, just kept on stickin.

The top of the panels were curved so I had to make a template, just a little measuring and then cut 10 at once to complete all the panels.

Then added the circle stickers to cover the little metal things.  

Now for the chain, I just added some left over wall paper and some blue ribbon from my craft stash. (again no measuring)

For the circle I covered it with more stickies & dots.
  
Super Easy Peasy!!

I hope you have an amazing day and hey, don't wait 2 years to end an irritation that only takes about 30 minutes even if its only temporary! 
(some of my sticky notes fell off but since I had extras I just stuck new ones on) Here's where I made a quick Change in 5 minutes & Mailbox WOW! to increase my daily happiness.

hmm... I think I'm gonna look for a blue ruffly skirt, I've been seeing them all day :)

I'm having fun here, come join me!

Today's Creative Blog
Poofy Cheeks

If It's Not Baroque





The 36th Avenue

post signature

6 comments:

  1. That is so clever-it looks great! I love the colour you chose too.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at the Say G'Day linky party. Thanks also for the sweet comment on my post about releasing our inner child.

    Great to meet you and find your blog. I've just signed up to follow you.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad I joined your party, your so much fun! :)

      Delete
  2. So much fun! Love it! Must go well with pinkie lipgloss ;)
    You've put me in the mood for a bit of flirting today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, have fun today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha this is so fab and it would look wonderful in my studio! Happy paper Saturdays. I am glad you joined your art I am inspired. ManonX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!