Friday, October 5, 2012

Lentils mmm cozy yum!




Since the weather is changing, I was craving lentils and rice.  I'm a bean girl, I just love them all!  Lentils seem to be the fastest of all the beans which makes them even more scrummy. 

I grew up with eating a pot of lentils and rice, big thanks to you Mom!

My version of lentils and rice has changed a little bit since childhood but still just as yummy.

Here's my quick, easy recipe.
lentils (I used about 1/2 a bag)
rice (I used about 1/4 cup)
carrots, chopped
onion, chopped
fresh spinach, couple handfuls
garlic
avocado
cream cheese, dollop
salt, pepper

Throw it all in a pot with water. Bring to a boil, add some seasoning (I like to add a lot of salt), turn down heat put on a lid, wait about 20 min.  Do a little taste test to see if done, if not wait a little longer. Then top with a plop of avocado and cream cheese.

When done, cozy up on the couch with a blanket, a bowl of lentils and veg out with the tv or a good book.   

Here's another post about my beans, this time black yummy ones, it's also a post about feeling fabulous during an everyday Mommy kinda day.  Thanks for checking it out.

:)   xxxxoooo Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!