Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chili days...


We're having some serious stormy weather here and what better food to eat is a bowl of turkey chili.  Gosh, I wish I had some! I made this last week and it's gone.  :( 



Turkey Chili
Ground turkey
onion (chopped)
kidney beans (2-3 cans, various kinds)
canneli beans
red & green peppers
tomatoes (2 big cans, whole, I like to squish them)
cilantro
cooked rice
cheese
thyme, salt & pepper

I saute the ground turkey with the onion in a little olive oil and loads of thyme, little salt lots of pepper.  

Then I throw in the chopped peppers and saute until turkey is cooked.  

Add all the beans with juice and tomatoes. Then simmer for awhile, add more seasoning if it needs it.

Serve over hot cooked rice, add cheese, cilantro, hot sauce and yum your done!

xxxxxoooo Michelle
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!