Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Peach Soup... So YUM!!

Yes, it is sooo Yummy!

I've never eaten a cold soup before or even thought about making one.  My Mom (thanks Mom!) gave me the cookbook, 5-Ingredient family favorites by Gooseberry Patch awhile back and when I saw the recipe for Peach soup, I was curious, so curious I just had to give it a try.


When I started making it, Nyla wasn't that into it, she said, "Mommy, soup is suppose to be hot." Halfway through the recipe (which is super easy by the way...so my style!) she tasted the peaches cooked with sugar, mmm can I have some more? wait, I need to finish the recipe, when I pureed it, she said, mmm, I don't know? wait let me have some more...when I added the whipping cream and apple juice she thought it was so funny that apple juice went in the recipe, she tasted a little spoonful, mmm, I don't...wait let me try again, the after taste mmm I like it.  after it chilled for 2 hours and was finally ready she ate 2 little bowls.  Then I finally got to take a picture!

I think that says it all...Kid and Mommy approved!

CREAM OF PEACH SOUP
2lbs. peaches
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup apple juice or white wine
( I used apple juice only because I didn't have wine)
zest of lemon ( I forgot this)
garnish: chopped & sliced peach/ fresh mint

1.   Dip peaches, one at a time, into boiling water to cover one minute. 
2.   Plunge peaches immediately into ice water to stop the cooking process; Drain and slip skins off.
3.   Cut peaches into quarters.
4.   Bring sugar and water to boil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
5.   Reduce heat and add peach quarters; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
6.   Cool.
7.   Process peach mixture in food processor or blender until smooth.
8.   Stir together peach mixture,whipping cream, wine or apple juice and lemon zest.
9.   Chill for 2 hours.
10. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!

Serve with a salad and you are in summer heaven!   xxxxoooo Michelle

Since I don't have a lot of bowls I like to use things from my china cabinet.  It's funny even though, I guess I'm technically an adult I still feel like a little girl playing dress up with Mom's china but I love it! One "bowl" was from my wedding over 11 years ago (I use to keep change in it) and the other is the only thing I have from my Grandma Cleopatra whom I never got to meet.  

Thank you Gooseberry Patch for this yummy treat, for more delicious and easy recipes check out their website Gooseberry Patch

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle for your sweet comments on my blog entry. Just when I thought no one reads the posts... I want to try this soup. It sounds delcious. I think I will make it for the girls when we go down South for the winter. We are going to do "take a turn lunch day" every two weeks for the girls this winter. This would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delena! Of course you have people reading your beautiful words! I hope you enjoy the soup I like the "take a turn lunch day" can I get in on that? :)

      Delete

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!