Friday, May 23, 2014

MY GO TO APPETIZERS...4 quick anytime appies


Here are my 4 "go to appies" that I always have on hand - perfect for when you need fancy in a flash :)
Crowd pleasers appetizers


Cucumber Rounds
Cucumbers, red pepper, mayonnaise, cilantro & salt.
I created this recipe when my guest were knocking on the door & I realized all my avocados were way to ripe for guacamole. Yikes! This can be made in a flash with just tidbits of ingredients (seriously just an ity-bity sliver of red pepper is all you need).  


Spinach Dip "A Classic"
frozen spinach, spice packet, mayonnaise & sour cream

I know its been around forever but seriously everyone loves this stuff!  I haven't met one single person who doesn't.  So I always keep frozen spinach in the freezer just for this reason. (I have used frozen chopped broccoli before & thumbs up reviews as well)
...and you have options - serve with crackers, veggies or a fancy bread bowl, who doesn't love an appie with options :)  


Hummus
can of chickpeas drained reserving 1/4 liquid, 1 tbsp.cumin, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1/4tsp. red pepper, 1/4 tsp. salt  
(pulse in food processor till blended, adding liquid & season to taste)

Super popular & the variety now is crazy good but if you want to make a quick batch this recipe is quick and easy to custom to your liking. 

Bread Dippers
french bread, olive oil, variety of spices

This is so silly easy but makes a big hit.
Cut up bread of your choice (I used Nan bread last night), put oil in 2 or 3 little bowls & add a variety of your favorite spices (I used Italian seasoning, salt, pepper & fresh thyme). 

There you have it 4 quick go to appies that never stress you out :)
post signature




Creative K Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!