For Nyla's 9th birthday party she decided she wanted a Spy/Detective party. YAY! I have to tell you I umm WE had so much fun!!
I had the lunch bags & red tape, so I thought why not make a secret agent invite. So easy! I just typed up some party info and Nyla customized each one. Just cost a regular stamp to mail. This invite was undercover cheap!
Every Secret Agent needs a spy stash! We used discarded old books and cut out the middle. Wrapped them in brown paper, added initials to customize and stuck a wallet in there. We also included a mustache, magnifying glass & notebook.
We had "Agents" randomly pick a color from a hat and a name from another hat
and came up with some super funny Spy names.
(We used paint samples for the colors and I pre-printed & cut out the names. After they picked them I taped the names to the color and slipped them into the plastic name tags)
1. Fingerprinting: After the spy's in training picked out their spy names then of course they had to be fingerprinted & pick out their trench coats & mustaches. Spy's had the choice of pink or black ink. (totally needed wipes after) It was so cute seeing their tiny fingerprints, hopefully, that's the only time huh!!
2. Truth Serum: Of course every spy comes
across some truth serum at some point! (I filled little florist tubes-Thanks Andy!) with a variety of Nyla's favorites & added straws- "Spys" got it, loved it,quesion it &/or hated it - which all are perfect "spy" qualities.
3. Laser Beam Obstacle course: We had our little spy's maneuver a "laser beam" obstacle course. Which they totally loved, this was by far the best part of spy training! Simply tied a bunch of black yarn on our porch. It was awesome!
4. Missing Evidence Game: Simply filled a suitcase with stuff, let them look then closed it, took stuff out & had guess whats missing. We did this a couple of times.
5. Toss the dynamite:
This game happened so fast, my head was spinning! It seems toilet paper rolls filled with candy makes quite a quick blast!
6. Target practice: At the last minute, Nyla disguised herself, I snapped a picture, printed it & she cut it out. I still had some red paper, cut it out in a circle and bamb! Shoot the villian was born.
During spy training, I snuck & rang the door bell, leaving an envelope. The mission was simple, "Dr. Evil Chaos" stole the goodie bags & threatened to blow them up. The clues were funny, basically we had the kids run all over the place & they LOVED it!
I typed a bunch of clues, one of them was on edible decorating paper with a food marker, kids got a big kick out of it, but first they were so excited that it was in a cereal box, they ripped it, then had to put it together and finally "eat the evidence"
We also had 9 balloons; 1 with a clue & they had to pop the balloon bombs to get the clue.
EVIDENCE:First we had pizza but quickly had to get back to the mission! & Almost forgot to go back & have the cupcakes!!!
Super Spy thanks to these amazing blogs, we got so many great ideas from them!!! I couldn't have done this without you! :)
FRUGAL FAMILY TIMES passports & other cool stuff!
BIRTHDAY BLUEPRINT "Dr Evil Chaos"
MYSTERY FACTORY game ideas
THE DECOROLOGIST mystery
GROW CREATIVE (cereal box clue)