Monday, May 20, 2013

HOT CITRUS DRESSING...YUM!


I have to say, I love love love this salad dressing!  I ate this the whole time I was pregnant.  I craved strawberries, loved sweets and knowing that spinach is super good for you & baby this was a perfect combo!
(sorry, gotta skip this if you have peanut allergies)

After my daughter was born, I totally forgot about strawberries (my main craving) & this dressing until now, well I have to tell you Nyla loves it! So it's also kid approved!

Just store in an airtight jar in the refrig. and when your ready, heat a little up in the microwave and give a good stir before pouring over salad.  Makes about 1 spaghetti jar.  (To dress up your old jar just cut out some pretty paper - easy peasy JAR GLAM!) 

Recipe
1 6 oz can frozen orange juice
1 small onion, diced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 cup peanut oil

Process - first 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Add brown sugar & next 4 ingredients; process until smooth.  turn blender on high; add oil in a slow, steady stream.

Bring - mixture to a boil in a medium-size non aluminum saucepan.  Cook over medium heat 10 minutes.  

Serve on a Yummy Salad; mine was spinach & mixed greens with strawberries, cucumbers & toasted almonds.


Hey, I'm hanging with these fun people come join us!


Sumo's Sweet Stuff
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!