Thursday, March 7, 2013

Influenza came by...


You know that enemy, "flu".  Well they came knockin' at our door and didn't leave until now! Except we've been calling it "Influenza" because Nyla learned that in school.  

It started out as a bonus day, my husband got home a day early from his fishing trip so we went out to eat.  By 8:30 that night I thought I had food poisoning! YUK, well when that didn't go away I realized I had the flu.  The thing is I took a Karate class (pretty impressive huh?) that day so by night time my legs were so sore that crawling to the bathroom was about as best as I could do!  Nyla and Andy were snoozing away and missed this scene. Anyway, as the days went on, any grooming seemed to become a distant memory.

The things I thought about during my families 6 day ordeal. 
  •  Is this why people decide they want dreadlocks (after 4 days with serious bedhead)
  • After watching endless, mindless TV and seeing about a million weight loss commercials I thought, Look at me, I've been on the Influenza diet!
  • I'm amazed how a family of 3 can use so many glasses
  • I prayed a bunch
  • I gave a bunch of REIKI, I really don't talk about it that much except on that little tab up top but I really know REIKI works.  (I give REIKI to Nyla every night, on this night we were soo stuffed up as soon as I started giving Nyla REIKI she instantly could breathe and then within minutes I could too)
  • Out of all the special request drinks in my refrigerator: Gatorade, Blueberry Juice, Sprite, Gingerale, Apple cider, Vitamin Water, Cranberry Juice, Pink Lemonade - Water, Ice cold water tasted the best and even that was just a tiny little sip
  • Our dogs, even though they were longing to play, stayed by our sides and snuggled the whole time
  • I'm not a nurse, nor could I ever in my life be one
  • For a fleeting moment as I looked into my husbands sick eyes, I was really worried and my selfishness went out the window and my love for him grew immensely.
  • If I won the lottery during those days, I realized I still would be sick, and couldn't drive around in a limo.  Actually in my crazy, fevered mind at one point I thought I did win :)
  • Nyla said, "Mommy are you almost through with your 26 hour nap?"
  • This can't last forever!
  • During my 4th day into this, Andy said, "why don't we go for a drive", so we did and I was in the same clothes that I had been in for 4 days with my dreadlock hair and pasty face but by the end of our drive, Andy started to feel sick and that's when we thought we all have to go into the grocery store.  So, of course Andy sees 5 people he hasn't seen in years and none of them had met me before! Figures huh!



Since I don't have any pictures of this event, I thought I would show pictures of our furry guys on a day when they were the ones getting pampered.

 When its all said and done, I'm looking at this whole crappy time as a kinda "spring cleaning" for my body.  hmmm... 









post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!