Friday, March 22, 2013

Pineapple Spring Cake!

This recipe is easy and delicious and its one of my Mom's classic go to cakes that everyone loves! Normally my Mom makes this with a pound cake but this time I tried it with a strawberry cake and it was Delish!!This cake is so light and fluffy, I think that's one of the reasons why everyone likes it so much. 


Just follow this easy-peasy recipe and you will make people very happy!

1lb can of crushed pineapple (Mom says tidbits and chunk pineapple too thick) 
3 3/4 oz instant french vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whipping cream
1 large angel food cake or strawberry cake
strawberries 

Stir together undrained pineapple & pudding mix:  allow to stand about 5 minutes or until slightly thick.

Whip cream until stiff: 

Fold into pineapple mixture

Cut cake into 2 or 3 equal layers, fill and frost with the pineapple/whipped cream mixture.

Chill atleast one hour, top with strawberries.  Nyla did the decorating on our cake, I love how she put lots of strawberries everywhere. This cake taste incredible cold. (we've been eating it non-stop since we made it and theres just a little left.) 

Oh, and there's usually a little leftover pineapple "icing' for little fingers to lick and dip your extra strawberries in.

Big Love Ya Mom and thanks for this perfect, spring-time recipe!



For other spring time party ideas click here


post signature

I'm partying with these cool blogs, join me!
KitchenFun
Ladybird Ln button Tickled Pink at 504 Main

2 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! And it looks gorgeous!

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks so very yummy! I am featuring it tonight at the Weekend Show Off Party! You were also chosen to be my blog of the week, which means I put your button in my toolbar for the week, and would love for you to come post this week, or whenever is convenient for you!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!