Thursday, January 15, 2015

STARTER HOME MAKEOVER!!...rental apartment decorating



We've been in little life change transition over here.  It's been crazy good, a little scary & a whole lot of holy guacamole what are we doing & how are we going to do it!!  All in all the general feeling is super excitement & were not looking back, we'll figure out all the details as we go :)


Since we're in transition, were renting a house; we've owned houses before but right now in a way this is our starter home.  Wow!,   It's kinda like I didn't know life would end up this way but now that I'm here I've got my life experiences to back me up.  So bring on the opportunities I'm ready!   

To put it mildly, this house isn't really my style and could really use some updating - big time! As all renters do, we compromise, it has a fenced in back yard, excellent school district just...well :) I don't want to put a lot of money into this place but I do want to make it our home, so the challenge is on!!!  

After we moved in, I stumbled across  Compass, a dreamy website that I wish was national because it's just the coolest way to find an apartment!  It's like talking to a good friend who is in the know about the neighborhood you want to move to.  Even though we've got our roots in the south now, I found myself exploring all the NY neighborhoods and was captivated by the beautiful photography on this website.  I loved the personal feel and can't wait to tour all of these NY neighborhoods the next time I'm in the area.  After getting completely side tracked, I got back to the task at hand...

Creating my "Shangri la"!! I could mention a whole lot of what this house doesn't have but why do that?  It has this upstairs, screened-in-porch off our master bedroom that has been calling my name!!

Since I don't want to spend a bunch, & I needed a lot of curtains I decided to make my own and since I don't sew I bought sheets in a poppy turquoise color, some clothing line hung them up and used the extra line to tie them...easy peasy!!
Starter home diy how to make curtains, screen porch makeover, tropical living from MommysPinkieLipgloss.blogspot.com


Starter home makeover screened in porch old typewriter tropical living from MommysPinkieLipgloss.blogspot.comNext, I just grabbed a few things that were still in the garage (found my old typewriter in Mom's attic!!), made some cute stars, & blew up an air mattress. How easy, its just up to me to really enjoy this space that's now my home; looks like Dodger is totally lovin' his new view :)
starter home diy homemade curtains tropical living screened in porch from MommysPinkieLipgloss.blogspot.com



I'll keep you posted as I get to other rooms but now off to a daydream :) 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!