Wednesday, June 4, 2014

GLITTER ART!


I stumbled across one of my old craft projects and fell in love with it all over again!

I call it "Portrait Glitterature"
glitter art crafts


How to:
Simply print out one of your favorite photos, grab some fabulous colors of glitter & various glues, toothpicks.

Depending on what area you are covering determines what glue.  For little areas I used good ole' Elmer's glue and just kinda drawed it, bigger areas a glue stick.  You can even use a toothpick dipped in glue to "draw" your glitter details. Then sprinkled the glitter over the glued area.  Allow to dry before starting a new glitter color.  

Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect! This project is a little messy but glitter is soo worth it :)

You can really get as detailed as you want, for my picture I wanted Nyla's eye lashes & ice cream to pop, so I concentrated on them.  
I remember this day, she was sooo excited to get ice cream with sprinkles!  (isn't that the coolest, being so little that sprinkles make you super happy!)






post signature


I'm hanging with this fun bunch, come join me!!!


Say G'Day Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Really unusual and whacky idea! Love the sparkles :) Popping by from Manon Popjes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaw that is really sweet and such a lovely idea! Happy belated Paper Saturdays! Great to see you :)
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!