Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zucchini Towers sooo Yummy!

I came up with this recipe on the fly when my neighbor dropped off a plethora of zucchini. Its basically like eggplant Parmesan but without Parmesan & I skipped the frying part.

What you'll need
zucchini
pasta sauce (your favorite kind)
Provolone cheese (I used slices & tore to fit rounds) 
Panko bread crumbs
egg mixture (egg, water whipped)
seasonings (I used Italian blend & added it to egg mixture & breadcrumbs)

Just cut the zucchini into thin rounds, dip in egg mixture, then breadcrumbs and layer in a baking pan. (put a little sauce on bottom of pan, zucchini, sauce, cheese, sauce, zucchini etc.)
Bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes or until tender, serve with crusty, warm bread and you are happily napping in no time :)

Kid,Parent & Friend approved! 




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Michelle! Now following you, hope you'll follow back :)
    http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile from your sweet comment!